At Eficode we have a collaborative culture and invest heavily in developing our people. We are currently looking to hire DevOps Engineers (consultants) to our Copenhagen and Aarhus offices.
We're not just an IT consultancy. We focus on the technical side of Agile and Continuous Delivery - the art of delivering software quickly, safely, and sustainably. Our aim is to change the world by sharing our knowledge and building communities.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will collaborate and consult with some of the leading businesses in Scandinavia. Our business model is not like your average resource consultancy, we pride ourselves on providing consultants with deep expertise as engineers, but who also come as part of a team.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is someone who will actively seek answers and solutions to our customers' questions and challenges, then can communicate and implement them effectively. As an important part of supporting our customers, you will contribute to resolve problems, provide DevOps guidance relating to tooling, processes and ways to improve the development lifecycle.
We expect you to have experience working in a professional and highly collaborative environment. In addition, you have programming skills, are fluent in English language, you like to work with other people and have an interest towards agile methods and new technologies.
The below list of skills is wide-ranging and we are not expecting people to be expert with everything. We’re looking for skills in one or two of these areas, coupled with motivation and curiosity to learn some of the others. In each area the technologies listed should be seen as examples not exclusive requirements.
- Containerization and Virtualization: you may be experienced configuring Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, or possibly serverless architectures.
- Commercial Cloud: you may have experience working with the services of at least one commercial cloud providers - AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Automation: you may have set up build and deploy systems using Azure DevOps, Jenkins, GitLab CI, ArgoCD or equivalent.
- Version Control: you may be skilled in handling source code in git, using for instance GitLab, GitHub with artifacts in Nexus or Artifactory.
- Software development: you may be skilled in one or multiple modern programming languages. TDD, DDD or other agile coding practices like pair and ensemble programming (earlier known as mob programming) are concepts you might be familiar with.
- System Administration: you may be experienced at managing servers based on Linux, Windows or in the cloud with AWS, Azure or OpenStack.
The below list of activities shows what it takes to be effective at this position. We expect that you either have previous experience or you are interested in developing yourself by:
- Defining problems for customers, proposing and implementing solutions while adapting to customer needs when it comes to technologies and ways of working.
- Teaching technical skills, process, ways of working and DevOps thinking to customers.
- Handling interactions with the team and the customer in a way that is transparent, pragmatic and motivated.
The suitable candidates will join one of our teams in Copenhagen or Aarhus. We have interesting and exciting customer assignments waiting for the right people, and a wealth of support and experience to draw on from the other Eficode offices across Europe.
Your new team
We are passionate about learning and we believe in our collaborative culture. At the Copenhagen and Aarhus offices we take for granted that you should be able to learn at work and to grow with your colleagues. To achieve this we aim for spending one day a week on ourselves, the team and on collaboration with other teams in the organization.
We encourage employees to read books such as Getting Naked written by Patrick Lencioni and The Unicorn Project written by Gene Kim. If you don’t own a copy, no problem, you are free to use the office library or we will get you an audio version.
Our employees go on to build great professional reputations. We want to give our people every opportunity to achieve their full potential, and to change the world along the way. Meet the Humans of Eficode here
We are looking forward to your application! Please send your CV with a cover letter describing your achievements, why you would be a great candidate for the role and addition to the Copenhagen or Aarhus team via our recruitment platform.
For more information about the role, please contact Sofus Albertsen for Copenhagen at email@example.com or Mads Baggesen for Aarhus at firstname.lastname@example.org