As a Freelance Senior DevOps Mentor you will bring your expertise into software development teams and enable them to succeed. You will accelerate delivering value, while teaching new skills to tackle the technical challenges they face.
Act as a catalyst in shaping excellence to enable teams to improve their IT performance (lead time for changes, release frequency, change fail rate, time to restore service and availability)
Do you want to join us and be an enabler? Then please read further and reach out to us!
What are we looking for
We are looking for a person that identifies him or herself with natural curiosity and with patience while experimenting. You love to inspire people, are open to help them in a respectful way and you are transparent. But you can be strict as well - we also need to assess if teams are in control of their quality measures in backlog management, design and programming, continuous testing, -development and -delivery.
Why we need you
We have a strong belief in the power of inspecting and adapting feedback loops to improve the product and we believe the Lean principles help us every day. We feel that the DORA metrics are the most important indicators for IT performance. We try our best to incorporate them on a team and organizational level, but we are not there yet! We would love your view and help on this subject.
Your Skills and Knowledge
You keep your knowledge up to speed in this rapidly changing world and you are able to demonstrate development techniques. You know how to inspire and how to encourage teams. You are focused on delivering value in an automated and controlled way. You know about the cultural diversity in large scale organisations and how to handle delicate situations with respect. But we want you to be a bit technical as well. We won't ask you to develop an application but we do expect you to be able to do basic stuff in code and relate to teams building software, understanding their day to day challenges.
- Versioning tools: Git
- Build tools: Maven ; Gradle
- QA tools: SonarQube ;Fortify
- Repository - package management tools: Nexus (Lifecycle)
- Workflow tools: JIRA ; Jenkins ;VSTS
- Test tools: e.g. Junit ;JMeter; Selenium ;Postman ; SoapUI ;Rest-Assured
- Deployment tools: XLRelease ; XLDeploy ; Ansible
- Azure DevOps in particular
Other things we are looking for...
You are able to create an environment of trust and create a safe haven where making mistakes is accepted and seen as an opportunity to learn. You follow market trends constantly to help teams improve their performance. Create leverage in a team to enable them to work on improvements using lead by example.
- Teamplayer, self-starter
- Fluent in English is a must
- Enjoys working with teams and individuals from different cultures and countries
- Good communication skills
- Able to coach other team members
- Enterprise awareness
- Intercultural awareness
- Easy to work with
What you get back…
It is important to us to create a sense of belonging, also for our freelance colleagues. That’s why we offer you to become part of our Eficode Professional Network, where you will be able to attend internal trainings and receive other benefits.
- A nurturing learning environment and working with some of the smartest people in the DevOps world
- Personal development, certifications, unique projects and events
- A warm and welcoming company culture - at Eficode we love our people :)