Who are we?
Eficode isn’t just an IT consultancy. Since 15 years we focus on the technical side of Agile and Continuous Delivery - the art of delivering working software quickly, safely, and sustainably. Our aim is to become the DevOps leader in Europe by sharing our knowledge and building communities. Eficode is more than 300 experts strong, operating across the Nordics and Western Europe.
We want to be a magnet for the best and brightest people in software. That’s why we work with cutting edge technologies as well as being a dedicated open source contributor. It’s also why our culture is so important to us. We believe in open communication, flat organization and cross-company collaboration. These are the promises we make to each other every day.
About the Position:
As a Senior Consultant and Continuous Delivery Coach you will bring your expertise into software development teams and enable them to succeed. You will accelerate delivering value, while teaching new skills to tackle the technical challenges they face.
Your daily work at clients will involve coaching, teaching and facilitation. This can be very hands-on by building proof-of-concept solutions. We implement artifact management processes and build pipelines to improve the way development teams work. We set up automated server provisioning and deployment automation for both production and test environments. We are always on the lookout for new and better tools.
It is important that in the end it is the client’s staff who own the build pipeline and succeed with it in the long term. Your role as a coach will change according to the situation. Sometimes you will be on the front line designing scripts and configuring servers to implement the Continuous Delivery pipeline. Some of your time will be spent teaching and coaching the team to use the new infrastructure effectively. In large enterprises you might help the line organisation with compliance related questions or help optimise the overall IT organisation’s processes. Ultimately you will leave the team to continue using new pipelines and approaches without you, and you will move on to new challenges.
Not all of your time will be spent at the client. You are also expected to work on improving your own skills. We invest a lot of time in training, attending internal and external courses and conferences. Coaches may be involved in teaching these courses and facilitating internal conferences. In addition you are expected to spend time on pet projects, reading books, listening to podcasts, researching topics that interest you, and authoring blog posts and presentations.
We would love to hear from you if you...
- see yourself as a very talented and tech driven DevOps Consultant
- are looking for a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- have a “getting things done” mentality and approach problems with a pragmatic attitude
- enjoy an informal, but professional atmosphere
You will need to have...
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT or other relevant discipline
- Very good understanding of and experience with DevOps way of working
- At least 5 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or experience in Dev and Ops
- Good understanding of software engineering principles
- Hands-on experience with setting up and using CI / CD pipelines
- Knowledge of multiple languages, such as JAVA, Ruby, Python and Bash
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud, such as Azure and AWS
- You’ve worked with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab
- Agile/Scrum coaching experience and several years of Consultancy experience
- Experience with Monitoring tools
Other skills we are looking for...
- Teamplayer, self-starter
- Preferably Dutch speaking, if not fluent in English is a must
- Enjoys working with teams and individuals from different cultures and countries
- Good communication skills
- Able to coach other team members
- Enterprise awareness
- Intercultural awareness
- Easy to work with
What you get back...
- Competitive salary and benefits - we take good care of you!
- Flexible working hours
- Tech device of choice
- A nurturing learning environment and working with some of the smartest people in the DevOps world
- Personal development, certifications, unique projects and events
- A warm and welcoming company culture - at Eficode we love our people :)